Namaqualand Flower Tours
Every Year after the winter rains a miracle of nature takes place in Namaqualand ( place of thirst ) when wildflowers burst forth from the desert-like conditions to show themselves in all their glory in this dry arid region.
Over 3000 different species of wildflowers can be found here as well as wealth of succulent plants that account for one tenth of the succulents worldwide!
More About the Tour Itinerary Below
Every Year a miracle of nature takes place in Namaqualand ( place of thirst ) when wildflowers emerge from desert-like conditions to show themselves in all their glory in this dry arid region.
Over 3000 different species of wildflowers can be found here as well as a wealth of succulent plants that account for one-tenth of the succulents worldwide!
4 Days/ 3 Nights
Min/Max group size
2/10 people per tour
Namaqualand 4-day flower tour
- Depart Cape Town/Stellenbosch
- Farm Stall Tea Stop in the Piekernierskloof Mountains
- Lunch Clanwilliam. Namaqualand - Here we visit the Ramskop Nature Reserve with over 350 species of wildflowers
- Wine Tasting Klawer winery
- Arrive at Nieuwoudville( known as the Bulb Capital of the world) after a spectacular drive through Vanrhyns Pass where we stay for two nights Dinner bed and Breakfast.
- We visit the Quiver Tree Forest (the largest Aloe Forest in the world ) and the old ruins.This tree forest was a gathering place of Khoisan Hunters who would journey here in days long gone to source holders for their arrows.The hollowed-out branches of the tree made excellent quivers to hold their poisoned hunting arrows.
- Bokkeveld Nature Reserve with the spectacular Niewoudtville Waterfall
- Tea and pancakes stop at Historical Dutch Reformed Church in Niewoudtville
- Matjiesfontein Flower Reserve. The Matjiesfontein farm is reported to be the single farm with the largest diversity of wildflowers anywhere in the world.
- Hantam Botanical Gardens
- Papkuilsfontein Flower reserve
- Boreplaas is known for its fields of Bulbinella
- Groenriver Ruins
- Glacial Plate over 300 million years ago a continental Glacier covered the entire Karoo,here in Niewoudville it left its mark in the form of grooves and gouges made in the sandstone
- Depart Niewoudtville to visit the succulent nursery in Vanrynsdorp
- Doringbaai we travel along the coast taking in the flowers of the so-called “Sandveld" biome after a wine tasting in Doringbaai
- Lamberts Bay (Lunch) visit Bird Island
- Velddrif (overnight)
- Departing Velddrif we head for Langebaan and the West Coast National Park
- Postberg Flower Reserve is situated within the reserve and opened up every spring, with carpets of flowers! This reserve does not disappoint so have your camera handy
- Picnic amongst the flowers
- Cape Town to arrive around 4.30 pm
· We require 50% Deposit on the booking confirmation. Full payment month before Tour
· We reserve the right to change the itinerary to suit the weather without prior notice
Cancellation more than a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
Morning departure. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed the day before the tour.
Hotel pick-up in Cape Town or Stellenbosch
What to bring
· Rain jacket
· Warm jacket
· Comfortable Shoes
Namaqualand has a Mediterranean Climate.
Quantum 9/13 seater luxury busses, Mercedes Benz c220cdi luxury Vehicle
Credit Cards Accepted, Visa. Mastercard